This Cedarwood essential oil is steam-distilled (no chemicals involved at all) from the wood of cedar grown in the USA - Cedrus Atlantica which is a subspecies of the Lebanon Cedar but is found in the Atlas mountains of North Africa at an altitude around 2,000m (6,500ft).
The Cedar is grown and not harvested from Morrocco where the tree should be preserved as it's a natural habitat for the Barbary macaque aka Macaca Sylvanus.
Atlantic Cedarwood in Morrocco
Common Uses of the Cedarwood Essential Oil:
- Cedarwood essential oil is excellent for stress - use it in a diffuser
- Apply to extremely dry or irritated skin and scalp - apply topically in a 2-10% dilution
- Diffuse as it is a natural deodorizer - we love its aroma after cooking bacon :)
- Cedarwood is also used to repel moths or to revitalize cedar chests that have lost their scent. Clean and dry exposed wood, then sand, brush and buff the wood with cedarwood essential oil on a soft cloth for a beautiful finish and lasting scent (it does the trick)
Aromatic Scent:Cedarwood oil has a woody, sweet, sharper note than Virginian Cedarwood, a slight aroma reminiscent of artificial mothballs, balsamic.
Cautions:Non-toxic, non-irritant. Avoid during pregnancy Some cheaper Cedarwood oil sold in the US is from Morrocco and/or Algeria and is harvested from endangered forests.
Cedarwood Essential Oil Specifications:
- 15ml bottle that's about 1/2 FLOZ
- Pure quality oil from distillation, no chemical process
- 100% Cedarwood oil - no other oil
- Free Shipping
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed